Thursday, April 29, 2010

samuel's birthday

SLOVENŠČINA

several days ago, my younger brother had a birthday. as samuel is an artist, i always try to do my best for him. (as if i were not a perfectionist, anyway.) given that this was a last minute project, a sight of the a card i had made for izak long ago, that has been rediscovered recently, gave me the idea i needed. at the age of 41, one is probably old enough to dream of the impossibility of being 14 again.

i took a picture of the card. my goal was to use the ellipse cut-out only. because i am as yet limited to freeware, and what i discovered by my own use (no formal computer art education), the plan was to cover the surrounding area with white patches. as simple/complicated as that! nevertheless, i soon decided that the inversed figures are too much, so i started drawing a similar picture with the figures in the right sequence. but working at the late hours took away some of my sharpness, and i finally sent what i did not like the next day - round edges of the figures and somewhat monochromatic look. in the end i added “happy birthday“ (obviously typed backwards so as to mirror the the way the intended number is represented) and sent this also.

the moral: ideas are definitely above hard work.


2 comments:

  1. thanks, my friend, for coming. you mean... the card? or the moral? or me?

    ReplyDelete

well, there is something you can say, i am sure.